Tuesday, August 19, 2008

A List of Excuses

Here's a list of stuff that I plan to make and along with it a list of excuses on why I haven't gotten round to making them;
  1. red bean mochi (the packet of red bean paste Ryan got me earlier is still chilling in the fridge, but the expiry date is not till Sept next year.....)
  2. claypot chicken rice (images of a cracked claypot and burnt rice are among the reasons why I've been postponing)
  3. chwee kueh (don't have the moulds nor the proper steaming equipments right now)
  4. sushi (got myself a starter kit a month ago, consists of 2 pairs of chopsticks, a small rolling mat and recipe book. All I need now is the ingredients, and lots of motivation!)
  5. fondant (always wanted to find out what I could do with it, and to see if my plasticine toying days will be of use here but the weather's been so hot lately, what if my spectacular creations melt before I could show it off to everyone?)
  6. kaya (the thought of standing over the stove, staring at a pot of 'almost there' kaya, stirring and stirring and stirring and stirring...so close yet so far)
  7. chicken rice (came across numerous recipes over the internet, with methods varying from the really simple to the really meticulous. I am all for simple recipes but if it takes just a little more effort to produce a yummy dish, why not. Alas, still have not found THAT recipe)
I foresee it's gonna take a while before I can clear off this list, but hey, it's always nice to have something to look forward to eh? (there you go, another excuse that wraps up this entry nicely!)

No comments: